How do I clean a denture?
- Clean the denture over a basin of water (sink) so that it does not break if you drop it.
- Brush the denture inside and out every day. Use a soft-to-medium brush so you do not scratch the denture. Use your normal toothpaste, or soap and water. Then rinse the denture.
- After brushing your denture, you can soak it in the disinfecting solution. Ask your dentist about the denture-soaking solutions. Rinse the denture before you put it back in your mouth.
How do I clean a bridge?
- How you clean will depend on where the bridge is in the mouth. As well as brushing with a fluoride toothpaste and flossing at each end of the bridge, you need to keep the bridge clean underneath.
You might use:
- Floss with a threader or a special floss with a stiff end which you can poke underneath the bridge and pull through.
- Interdental brushes.
- Water jets (water flossers).
What are the benefits?
- By keeping a denture or bridge clean, you help keep your gums and teeth healthy and avoid bad breath and gum bleeding.
- Good denture hygiene is important for preventing oral infections.