Dental crown: is a tooth shaped sleeve made of porcelain or metal or combination of both that is placed over the natural tooth.
Crowns may be recommended to restore tooth’s shape, size and strength. Once placed, the crown fully covers the visible portion of a tooth.
Why is the dental crown needed?
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking;
- To restore an already broken tooth or tooth that has been severely worn down;
- To cover and support tooth with a large filling;
- To hold dental bridge in place;
- To cover misshaped and discoloured tooth ( e.g. after root canal treatment)
- To cover a dental implant.
*The treatment takes about 2 weeks.